Hot news this month includes:
- The Dolph Briscoe Center for American History contributed a selection of its Moses and Stephen F. Austin papers.
- The National Museum of the Pacific war added transcribed interviews of Texas veterans' experiences in World War II.
- Newspapers added to the Texas Digital Newspaper Program include The Texas Posten Swedish-language newspaper (1896–1902), The (Galveston) Representative—first Texas newspaper with an African American editor (1871–1873), and The El Paso Morning Times (1913–1918). Search in Swedish and Spanish are supported where appropriate.
- War Department Field Manuals, Technical Manuals, posters, and newsmaps.
- The Digital Frontiers conference focusing on digital resources for research, teaching, and learning (genealogists are invited as well as historians, librarians, educators, students, and technologists)—September 21-22.
© 2012, Debbie Parker Wayne, CG, All Rights Reserved