- 10:30-12:00 GATA GACC! DNA and Genetic Genealogy Today—Learn where we are today using DNA for genealogy. Maximize Y-DNA, mitochondrial DNA, and autosomal DNA test results to contribute to genealogical research goals.
- break for lunch on your own
- 1:30-2:15 Going Nuclear: DNA Discoveries to Trace All Lines of Descent—Learn to link families using autosomal DNA test results from any testing company. Maximize impact on your genealogical research goals. Includes how to use test results such as those from 23andMe, Family Tree DNA, and AncestryDNA.
- 2:30-3:15 Paternal Lines: Using Y-DNA—Learn details of Y-DNA testing including how to analyze test results. Findings can corroborate your paper trail or place you on the right research path.
- 3:30-4:15 Maternal Lines: Using Mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA)—Understand mitochondrial DNA testing with an introduction to analysis of test results. Sample research problems demonstrate how mtDNA can be used by genealogists.
To register for the classes, please call 832-393-2600. All classes are free and open to the public.
Directions to the library can be found here.
To cite this blog post:
Debbie Parker Wayne, "July 27, Free DNA Seminar at Houston's Clayton Library," Deb's Delvings Blog, posted 5 July 2013 (http://debsdelvings.blogspot.com/ : accessed [date]).
© 2013, Debbie Parker Wayne, CG, CGL, All Rights Reserved