If you have questions or wish to register, contact the library at email@example.com or 512-463-5455.
The program includes optional presentations and/or access to the materials of the library and archives:
- 6:00 Sign-in
- 6:15 Reference and Genealogy research rooms open. Orientation: Requesting and Using Materials in the Texas State Archives (required for those planning to use archival materials during the event)
- 6:30 Archives research room opens
- 7:00-7:50 Accessing Texas County Records through the Regional Historical Resources Depositories Program by Laura Saegert, Assistant Director for Archives, Texas State Library and Archives Commission
- 7:45 Light refreshments in Lobby
- 8:00-9:15 Unusual Genealogy Resources by Susan Kaufman, Manager, Clayton Library Center for Genealogical Research, Houston Public Library
- 9:30-10:30 Genealogical resources of the Texas General Land Office by Kevin Klaus, Information Specialist, Archives & Records, Texas General Land Office
- 11:45 Archives research room and microfilm and photocopy rooms close
- 11:55 Reference and Genealogy research rooms close
- 12:00 Building secured
To cite this blog post:
Debbie Parker Wayne, "Texas State Library, Genealogy After Dark, 18 October 2013," Deb's Delvings Blog, posted 12 September 2013 (http://debsdelvings.blogspot.com/ : accessed [date]).
© 2013, Debbie Parker Wayne, CG, CGL, All Rights Reserved